With Social Media now a leading way to promote your professional abilities, displaying a captivating headshot has become essential. All Social Media channels need a profile image and that headshot has a far-reaching web presence that should be utilized to the max. That first impression your headshot gives needs to be engaging and make others want to find out more about you. Headshots can also be used for your company’s website, publications and reports, brochures and email signatures.
When you invest in a professional headshot, you are investing in yourself. Your headshot should portray you exactly how you would like your potential clients to see you. Let’s be honest though, not all of us are naturally photogenic, myself included. It’s not easy being comfortable in front of a camera. An amateur photographer may not know how to get the best out of your headshot session and often can result in images that look nothing like you actually do, and obviously not your best. By using a professional photographer who specialises in headshots and knows how to work with you well, which backdrop to choose for the look you need and how to use light to compliment you best. Not only that, but a professional photographer can guide you on the type of clothing and colours you should wear. Although it’s often formal work gear, you can choose colours and styles that compliment your skin town, hair and the look you are going for.
Importance of Professionally Clicked Headshots!
When its applications are so varied and essential, you can understand that a self-taken or unprofessional headshot just won’t cut it. Instead, you should contact J. Stock Photography for corporate headshot photography in Southampton, which is done exceptionally well by their experienced and able photographers. If you are still wondering why you need to invest in a professionally taken headshot? Here are some good reasons that can answer your doubts!
- It’S Your Personal Branding — You know very well that a first impression is the last impression and your headshot picture on a document or profile is your first impression source. This creates your personal branding. Before you go to an interview or meet someone in person for a proposal, your picture on documents or your website reaches there first! This headshot, if it is a well taken one, makes your first impression a fantastic one. If it isn’t well presented and doesn’t portray you at your best, then you know you aren’t going to reach the potential clients you should.
- It Conveys a Message of You Being Professional — Using a selfie, or non-professional image on your channels just doesn’t exude the right message. If defines your unprofessional behaviour which obviously impacts the consumers and client’s approach towards you largely. While, a professionally taken headshot displays professionalism, formal behaviour and accuracy — which creates a good impression.
- Represents Your Personality— A good headshot expresses your personality. People tend to judge you through your headshot if they still haven’t met you in person. For example, a smiling headshot conveys confidence, a sombre one shows your determination. Make sure you are giving the right look combined with both smile and professionalism for that perfect headshot.
- It Helps to Connect Immediately when Acquainted — If your perfect headshot has been published somewhere, it lets people recognise you as soon as they meet you. But if the same photograph is taken in an unprofessional and blurred manner, this often creates a disconnect.
- Adds a Strong Impact on Your Profiles and Portfolios — A headshot that is shot randomly and put on your social media channel may weaken your social media presence. Same for official websites, souvenirs etc. While a perfect and clear headshot by an expert tends to leave a better impression and strengthens your profile across all platforms and even in your portfolio.
- It Enhances Your Confidence in Yourself — If you are presenting your resume to someone with a good looking headshot, you tend to feel more confident about yourself. And this is of course very good for your progress and success.
A professional headshot is basically a financial investment in yourself, but one that is worth every penny you spend on it. Gone are the yester-years when only high profile business executives used to use headshots. Today, each of us is a brand in ourselves, and we need to market us! That is why the presence of a good picture as a headshot has become vital for success and progress. So, don’t hesitate to invest your time and money in this direction, and you’ll never regret your decision.