When you invest in a good, professionally clicked picture as a headshot, you are actually investing in yourself. It portrays you in an amazing way, exactly the manner in which you would like your potential clients to see you. Let’s be practical, not all of us are naturally photogenic. Because of this, amateur photography can make you look nothing like you actually do, and obviously not your best. While if you get the same clicked through a professional photographer who specialises in headshots and knows how to click you well, which backdrop to choose and what kind of lighting to use to get the best shot, you are assured of getting the best results! The buck doesn’t stop here! A professional photographer guides you on the type of clothing and colours you should wear. Though it’s mostly the formal work gear, but you can choose colours that can compliment to your skin tone and hair.
With Social Media taking over our lives in promoting our professional abilities, displaying a captivating headshot has become all the more important. Also, all the Social Media channels demand a profile image. Your headshot will fetch a far-reaching web presence along with the traditional uses like being included in the staff page of your company’s website and publication in articles, papers or brochures for speaking engagements.
Importance of professionally clicked headshots!
Now when its applications are so much varied and essential, you can well understand by now that a self-clicked headshot won’t work. Instead, you should contact J Stock Photography for corporate headshot photography in Southampton which is done exceptionally well by their experienced and able photographers. And if you are still wondering as to why you need to invest in a professionally taken headshot? Here are some good reasons that can answer your doubts!
- It’s your personal branding — You know very well that first impression is the last impression and your headshot picture on your documents or profile is your first impression source. This creates your personal branding. Before you enter a place for interview or meet someone in person for a proposal, your picture in the documents or website reaches there! This, if is a well taken headshot, makes your first impression a fantastic one! And if the same isn’t well presented and portrays you looking glum and unimpressive, then you know you aren’t going to reach the stage of personally meeting the clients.
- It conveys a message of you being professional — A self clicked or a random selfie, if given across any channel to publish under your name or position doesn’t exude the right message. If defines your unprofessional behaviour which obviously impacts the consumers and client’s approach towards you largely. While, a professionally clicked headshot displays professionalism, formal behaviour and accuracy — which creates a good impression.
- Represents your personality— A good headshot expresses your personality. People tend to judge you through your headshot if they still haven’t met you in person. For example, a smiling headshot conveys confidence, a sombre one shows your determination. Make sure you are giving the right look combined with both smile and professionalism for that perfect headshot.
- It helps to connect immediately when acquainted — If your perfect headshot has been published somewhere, it lets the people to recognise you as soon as they see you. But if the same photograph is clicked in an unprofessional and blurred manner, this often creates a disconnect.
- Adds a strong impact on your profiles and portfolios — A headshot that is clicked randomly and put on your social media channel may weaken your social media presence. Same for official websites, souvenirs etc. While a perfect and clear headshot clicked by an expert tends to leave a better impression, and strengthens your profile across all platforms and even in your portfolio.
- It enhances your confidence in yourself — If you are presenting your resume to someone with a good looking headshot, you tend to feel more confident about yourself. And this is of course very good for your progress and success.
A professionally clicked headshot is basically a financial investment in yourself, but one that is worth every penny you spend on it. Gone are the yester-years when only high profile business executives used to click headshots. Today, each of us is a brand in ourselves, and we need to market us! That is why the presence of a good picture as a headshot has become vital for success and progress. So, don’t hesitate to invest your time and money in this direction, and you’ll never regret your decision.